Cope's Pond, Dimock, PA ca. 1915
Building and Geographic Information According to the 1872 Beers' Atlas of Susquehanna County. To obtain copies of maps e-mail us for details.
Dimock Township was formed during the December Session (of the Court of Quarter Sessions) in 1832 and named in honor of Elder Davis Dimock. For further information, see also Township Incorporations.
Dimock, post office, former express office; pop. 100 in 1900
Elk Lake, also called Lathrop's Lake in the early 1800s; former post office, closed 31 Oct 1917 (mail routed through South Montrose P.O.); pop. 100 in 1900.
Louden Hill, neighborhood named after a business there, Louden Hill Farm, which was owned by Garden State Farms, Inc. At one time there were over 120 Louden Hill stores, later sold to Turkey Hill. Louden his Farm was one of the sources of the products (milk, eggs, etc.) sold in the stores.
Parkvale, area in the southeastern part that was originally part of a 10,000 acre tract in Dimock and Springville twps. owned by Thomas Parke. Thomas Parke came from Rhode Island in 1796. The area where Parke built his residence became known as Parkvale.
Tyler, former train station.
Woodbourne, former post office; former railroad station .
Woodhouse, former railroad station.
Return to Township Map
Return to Main Page
Copyright © 2002-2004 Susquehanna County Historical Society
2 Monument Square
Montrose, PA 18801
All Rights Reserved