Odd fellows Hall ca. 1915
State road looking north near the creamery
Building and Geographic Information According to the 1872 Beers' Atlas of Susquehanna County. To obtain copies of maps e-mail us for details.
Brooklyn Township. The township was formed during the April Session (of the Court of Quarter Sessions) in 1814 and was originally called "Waterford." From 1823 to 1825, it was called "Hop Bottom." It was renamed "Brooklyn" in 1825. For further information, see also Township Incorporations.
Brooklyn, post office; pop. 529 in 1900.
East Dimock, former post office.
Lindaville, formerly called "Mack's Corners," named for Elisha Mack, Sr., who erected a sawmill there before 1810. A post office was established circa 1890 by the efforts of E.M. Chumard, who operated a pruning-shear factory there. The post office was closed 15 Apr 1907 (mail routed through Kingsley P.O.). Pop. 60 in 1900.
West Brooklyn, former post office.
Return to Township Map
Return to Main Page
Copyright © 2002-2004 Susquehanna County Historical Society
2 Monument Square
Montrose, PA 18801
All Rights Reserved